Friday, March 20, 2009

Another day, another loss

Last night Gabriel slept until 12:30. He didn't take very much milk, and despite using the same pattern we had, when I put him in bed, he just started screaming. Back to the drawing board. After holding and rocking him for about 1/2 hour, and giving him some Tylenol, he fell asleep enough to put him back into bed. I can say so far, when he is out, he is out. And then he slept until after 8 this morning.

Since he has been so fussy, and we don't know if it's his ears or if it's his grieving, we took him to the doctor today. It's not his ears, it's us. Or it could be teething. I think it's more likely his grieving. There are times I look at him when he is wailing, and I think, "If he could talk, he'd be saying, "Your not my mommy' and a few other choice words. Of course, maybe I've seen too many TV movies.

Addison got to go to Preschool and assist the teachers today. Then she went to her best friend, Kiersten's house. My neighbor offered to take Lauren to open gymnastics this afternoon. Lauren just loves Mrs. Bailey, but right as they were getting ready to leave, so broke down crying. She still wanted to go, and never said what was wrong, but my opinion is this is her way of grieving the changes in her life.

I should be off taking a nap, but I so crave the one moment in the day when it is quiet.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for creating this. I'm praying for you and your family as you all adjust to many changes in life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are praying that Gabe will ease from his greiving quickly and feel the Love you have for him! And may God grant you patience!!

    ReplyDelete