Monday, April 20, 2009

Spring

Well, God gave us a wonderful present for Easter. Saturday night after Gabriel went to sleep, we actually heard him wake up and put himself back to sleep! He finally got it! Now it's not like we are sleeping through the night, but it's much better than waking up every hour to hour and a half. Now it's more like 1-2 times a night usually.

After he got the night thing down, the naps went haywire. I saw a change today that I hope is hope for the future.

Gabe is definitely looking in our eyes more and smiling. These are signs of attachement, and we are seeing progress. We know it will take months, but it's good to know we seem to be heading in the right direction.

On Sunday, I was sitting with Gabriel and it sounded like he said "ball" and "apple." I got a ball and an apple from the fridge and kept going over and over with him. Today he would smile when I would say it, and sometimes he would repeat it. Just like two people just starting to learn each others language.

I can't tell you how blessed we have been with meals. Last Friday was our last one, and boy was it the best chicken pot pie I've ever had. Steve said he is having withdrawal already.

Overall the girls are doing well, though Lauren still has her occasional issues, and Addison had a stomach bug this weekend. Addison is like us and just hardly ever throws up, so it really caught us off guard. Poor Steve was stuck at home with them, her puking and Gabriel screaming at the same time. I told him I would have lost it. Instead, he was fine, and Lauren and I played a little at Spring Fest.

I (Heather) appologize for all the whining I have done. We are very blessed, and things could be much worse. I only have to look in our church bulletin to see that. I wish I could be many things, and one of those things would be to look on hard times as a growth opportunity. No, I look on it as hard times, and I want out, now! I also will tell it like it is. I just can't sugarcoat and say we are doing wonderfully and that everything is peaches and cream. Just can't do it, as I feel this would be dishonest. For those of you who wish I would, I just say sorry. I'm just trying to be honest.

Hopefully I can get some pictures up soon. I know some of you have been waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment